Sunday, October 26

solitary




When I came back from Helsinki, nobody had washed the used coffee cups I had left behind, or picked up the clothes from the floor (both sure signs of me being busy - or lazy, someone would say [hi Mum!]). The carnations had dried in their vase.

Still, it was lovely to come home. Especially because last winter I had no place in Tampere I could actually call home. And because after being several days in a row with someone all the time, I felt like the carnations myself; dry and tired and mute. That much socializing easily leaves me exhausted. I loved every second I got to spend with my friends, I really did - but right now being home, alone, is the best thing I know.





It's been a quiet Sunday. It's raining, so I've mostly stayed indoors, doing nothing much. Dreaming of a rocking chair, muffins and hot chocolate (I'd like to have this one or this one in adult size). No rocking chair here, but I just baked muffins, and hot chocolate can be arranged... So I'm good.


6 comments:

Alissa Nicolau said...

Very pretty pics. I'm glad that you enjoy your home so much. That is a very important part of a happy life.

Ritva said...

täälläkin sataa
jos keinutuolia kaipaat ni täällä olis kaksikin, vanha ja vähemmän vanha. kummasta vaan voitas luopua.
vai onko haaveesi enempi mieleen liittyvä?
:)

Ritva said...

ups, katsoin linkit,ei siis mieleen littyvää vaan ihan tässä ja nyt. nämä meidän on vähän toiselta aikakaudelta.
silti, se on totta, että jos talossa on keinutuoli,siitä tapellaan! siis että kuka siinä saa istua :)

heidi said...

Ensimmäinen kuva on tosi, tosi, tosi kaunis.

Hienoa kuulla, että olet alkanut kotiutua Tampereelle.

Michelle said...

Oh, so pretty.

scaredy-cat said...

Thank you all! I think there is some kind of frail, faded beauty in the dried carnations...