Wednesday, November 28

did i say i'd do nothing for christmas?




...Well, then I went and bougth the December issue of Livingetc magazine. In the magazine there are some recipes for making sweet treats to give as Christmas presents. I don't think I'd really like to eat the rosewater lollipops below, but they look so pretty, don't they? (There's rose petals in them!)



Some treats I do really want to try out (both making and eating): sesame & pistachio snaps, chocolate fudge and cranberry & pistachio white chocolate. Sounds yummy, doesn't it? Now I only need more time...



Also, I've been thinking of buying brown and light blue wrapping paper after seeing these pretty photos (the scanner hates me).

all photos Livingetc magazine

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh, so pretty and fresh and elegant looking! What is that white cake thing with the nuts? Looks yummy!

scaredy-cat said...

That's white chocolate with dried cranberries & pistachio nuts. I'll have to give it a try, since I bought dried cranberries (for granola) a while ago.

Lylou said...

brown and blue are very hot this winter. all of the bags that i do in that combination FLY out the door. so, DO IT! i think it is one of the sexiest color combinations.

scaredy-cat said...

Yep, I noticed they've got some brown paper in Ikea, so whenever I have time to go there, I'll check it out. I like mulberry paper too, for it's lovely texture and feeling, and might even have some dark brown left. It also comes in such nice shades.