Monday, September 1

new month, new home


In late August I had a hard time admitting autumn had come already (maybe that's why I got the flu I have at the moment - I stubbornly wore no socks). But now that it's September, I'm ok with it - after all, early autumn with sunny, crisp days and colourful trees might be my favourite time of the year. Now I only have to find that early autumn enthusiasm somewhere; I'm sure it'll come when my nose is less runny.





There were a busy couple of days last week: I took the exam required for getting Swedish translation as a minor (though I'm having seconds thoughts about that - I used to be fairly competent in Swedish in school, but that was a long time ago) and moved to a new flat in Tampere. The long anticipated, but also dreaded, move (my former flat was shitty, I couldn't wait to get out of it, but I don't particularly like the packing and carrying and unpacking part) went really well, thanks to J who was an angel and drove with me from Helsinki and kept his cool even when I felt like I'm going to cry any second (we had some trouble with the rental wagon, plus I was really stressed out) and was really efficient. I know who I want to help me with my next move!





Now I've got a new home. White, clean walls, a cute small kitchen, and a roll top bath! Bathtubs weren't that popular in Finland in the past few decades, so not that many flats have one left. Tonight I'm going to light some candles and take a bath, and sip some read wine and munch on chocolate while bathing. Red wine and chocolate are good for you, you know.

4 comments:

mansuetude said...

hello you

i love a bath a wine but you need a candle or two. enjoy. you'll love the bath in winter. (you have such a short summer--its still high 80ish here.

Anonymous said...

Tervetuloa Tampereelle!
Olen kovin kateellinen ammeestasi.

terv. eräs tuntematon lukija

Paula Kouki said...

I envy that bath tub from you! Nice glasses, I like them.

Julie said...

A lovely blog you have. Lovely picture too. Baths are a welcome indulgence.